Whether you’re a homeowner, a business owner, or an industrial property owner, you’ve probably come up with many questions in regard to maintaining your roofing system. Most questions are similar regardless of the type of property you own or manage. Check out the answer to some of the most frequently asked roofing questions from our roofing professionals here at Aqua Barriers.
How much will a new roof cost me?
The price of a new roof is based off of a variety of different factors including the following:
- Size of roof
- Materials of former and new roof
- Steepness of roof
- Level of surface & underlying roof damage
Though we can make an estimate of the cost of your new roof after an initial inspection, it’s common for underlying and unexpected issues to arise that require on-the-job modifications. With these modifications, also called change orders, you will receive a credit for the initial amount quoted and then will be charged for the full amount.
What Are Signs Of Roof Damage?
Roof existing and imminent roof damage manifests itself in many different ways. Here are some common signs:
- Any sign of exposed nails
- Dark, soggy, sagging patches
- Visible holes, cracks, or weak areas
- Rusted metal where the roof meets vertical areas of the house
- Any depressed area around vent pipes or other roof penetrations
- Obvious signs of leaking and water damage from inside the property
- Sudden discoloration on ceilings or walls
What’s the purpose of flashing?
Flashing is the material used to prevent water damage in the home and is installed the knee walls and change of elevations on roofs. Flashing is critical to proper roof installation because without it, water damage could severely weaken the structural damage of your property and lead to mold.
Still in need of answers to your roofing questions? Contact Aqua Barriers today for more information or to request service in your area.